By visiting Forlux Ltd., you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Your privacy is important to us, and we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of the personal information you submit to this Website. If you are visiting the Website from outside of the United Kingdom, please be advised that your personal data will be processed by Forlux Ltd. in the United Kingdom where data protection and privacy regulations may differ from similar regulations in other countries. By using the Website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country if you are located outside of the United Kingdom. Additionally, by using the Website, you consent to Forlux Ltd. using your personal information to contact you electronically, in writing, or otherwise to provide notices relating to your use of the Website and to give you information about the products and services offered by Forlux Ltd. and its affiliates. If you would like to opt out of future promotional materials from us, you may indicate this preference by following the unsubscribe instructions at the end of such communications from us.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
– name and job title
– contact information including email address
– demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
– other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We usually use your information to:
- Facilitate the creation of and securing your user account;
- Placing your order;
- Providing, customising and improving the services;
- Provide feedback and user base demographics of third parties listed on websites or services;
- To communicate with you about your use of the services for your benefit;
- Development of new products and services,
- Tracking the use of websites and services;
- Personalise the ad you view and recommend content;
- Backup our systems and enable emergency recovery;
- Fulfilment of your inquiries and providing customer support;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and promotional materials related to the services and your user preferences and behaviours, as well as for other marketing purposes.
- Defend, investigate, prevent, and potentially take action against possible fraudulent, unauthorised or unlawful activities;
- To respond to claims that the content of the website is inauthentic, false or otherwise violates the rights of third parties;
- Respond to your enquiries for customer service;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users;
By completing an order or signing up, you agree to receive a) emails associated with finalising your order, which may contain relevant offers from third parties, and b) emails asking you to review Forlux Ltd. Ltd. and your purchase and c) promotional emails, SMS and push notifications from Forlux Ltd. You may unsubscribe from promotional emails via a link provided in each email. If you would like us to remove your personal information from our database, unsubscribe from emails and/or SMS, please email Customer Service email address by country.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply in the UK from 25 May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act 1998. GDPR applies to personal data. Put simply; personal data is any information which relates to a living person
In relation to Forlux Ltd., most data will be an individual’s name, personal address, email address and contact telephone number.
This Data Protection Policy sets out Forlux Ltd.’s commitment to protecting personal data and how that commitment is implemented regarding the collection, processing and use of personal data, in line with meeting requirements of, including the legal obligations as laid down by, the GDPR. This applies to personal data held on paper and held electronically. Forlux Ltd. is committed to ensuring that personal data shall be:
▪ collected, processed and used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
▪ collected, processed and used for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes to meet the business operational needs and fulfil its legal requirements, and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed accurately and, where appropriate, kept up to date – with every reasonable step taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay established with appropriate retention periods processed and stored in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, with defined organisational, physical, procedural and technical security measures implemented and maintained to protect
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us using the ‘Contact Us’ page on the website. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Site.
We may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding our services. Also, our partners and we may occasionally send you direct mail (including e-mail) about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from such e-mail messages.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Forlux Ltd.
Users entitled to broader protection standards may exercise any of the rights described below. In all other cases, Users may inquire with Forlux Ltd. Ltd. to find out which rights apply to them.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. We will then correct out records, and notify any third parties to whom such personal information may have been transmitted as described above.
- Right to data portability. You may request a copy of all the personal information you have provided to us after which we will transmit those data to another data controller of your choice.
- Right to opt-out of marketing communications. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- Right to object to processing. You may request that we stop processing your personal information. Please note you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Forlux Ltd. is processing data, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Forlux Ltd. will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Forlux
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our lawful basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need personal information to protect vital interests.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
In some instances, our use of your personal information may result in automated decisions being taken (including profiling) that legally affect you. Automated decisions mean that a decision concerning you is made automatically on the basis of a computer determination (using software algorithms), without our human review.
We make automated decisions at account opening, where we check that the offered products or services are appropriate for you based on the information you provide to us. When we make an automated decision about you, you have the right to contest the decision, to express your point of view, and to require a human review of the decision.
To enhance your experience with the Website, we use “cookies” on our Website. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at our Website. However, once you become a customer and furnish the Website with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
Forlux Ltd. may also (i) automatically collect non-personally-identifiable information about your use of the Website, such as the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access the Website, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website; and (ii) use data capture and analysis tools, and other similar tools, to extract, compile and analyze any non-personally identifiable data or information resulting from your use of the Website and the services offered thereon (collectively “Blind Data”). To the extent that any Blind Data is collected by Forlux Ltd..com, such Blind Data shall be solely owned by Forlux Ltd. and may be used by Forlux Ltd. for any lawful business purpose, including, without limitation, analyzing and enhancing the Website and services offered hereby, disclosing such Blind Data to third parties for a variety of purposes.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the Forlux Ltd. website and or certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not entirely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or through our site. Once we have received your information, we will use security feature and procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use secure payment partner for processing payments. Our payment gateway partners and we do not store your card data on their servers. The data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) when processing payment. Your purchase transaction data is only used as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is not saved.
Our payment gateway adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
We do not use or disclose your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we obtained your consent, such as through an opt-in or opt-out tick box on any form or website of ours.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. In particular, we:
- hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically, on secure servers.
- use encrypted transmission links whenever we can.
- use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorised access to systems and data.
- regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. Forlux may discipline or terminate individuals who maliciously acquire information, without being entitled to its access.
Once client information is no longer needed, Forlux Ltd. will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information as long as Forlux Ltd. is not required by applicable laws and regulations.
We will take seriously and deal promptly with any accidental or unauthorised disclosure of personal information. We follow the relevant scheme for notifiable data breaches where applicable and when handling accidental or unauthorised disclosures of personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to third party websites, whose information practices may be different than Forlux Ltd.’s. Visitors should consult such third-party sites’ privacy notices as Forlux Ltd. does not have any control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. Forlux Ltd. does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party.
These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Forlux Ltd. of the contents on such third-party websites. Forlux Ltd. cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Website since these sites are owned and operated by independent retailers.
Forlux Ltd. is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. Forlux Ltd. has not taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Forlux Ltd. strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off-line transaction with any of these third parties.
DATA SECURITY POLICY
The importance of security for all personally-identifiable information associated with visitors to the Website—as well as Forlux Ltd. customer information, such as cell phone numbers, texts, messages, credit card information, addresses, and other account data—is of utmost concern to Forlux Ltd. For that, we have implemented, and periodically review, specific physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorised access and maintain data security. Your payment and personal information are always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address. Unfortunately, due to the open nature of Internet communications, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, and thus we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Forlux Ltd. will be free from unauthorised access by third parties. Visitors of the Website and Forlux Ltd. customers use the Website at their own risk.
If a situation arises, where you have a privacy dispute, please contact Forlux Ltd. directly, and we will be glad to work in a fair and practical way with you. Our contact info is mentioned below. If your communication with Forlux Ltd. has not led to a mutually agreeable resolution, we shall participate in the dispute resolution procedures established by British data protection authorities to resolve disputes.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
You are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request; however, failure to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain your account or to provide services to you. While we make every effort to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up to date, you can help us considerably in this regard by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
ENQUIRIES AND FURTHER DETAILS
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the following telephone numbers:
07568320664 – Diana